Dan Dascalescu's Wiki
Gmail never finishes loading the Standard View
I've found exactly when GMail's standard view doesn't finish loading (it loads up to 98% or so, then the progress bar hangs there):
- Use Firefox 3.5.3
- Log into a GMail account at https://gmail.com
- Immediately logout (within a few seconds). This scenario is pretty common if you just login to check if you have new mail, and there isn't any new mail so you logout right away. Another user has confirmed this.
You have been signed out of this account.
This may have happened automatically because another user signed in from the same browser. To continue using this account, you will need to sign in again. This is done to protect your account and to ensure the privacy of your information.
After that, any attempt to log into a GMail account will result in the Standard View loading only ~98% and hanging.
How to fix the "Gmail doesn't finish loading" problem
- Click the "Load basic HTML view" link to get into the account.
- Close all GMail tabs in Firefox.
- Delete the browser offline content. In Firefox, Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Network -> Offline Storage -> Clear Now. It's not necessary to delete any cookies.
- Open a new tab and surf to https://gmail.com