by Dan Dascalescu - 2008-Nov-07
Padding can be used on dumbbell handles, pull-up or chin-up bars, or curl bars, to protect the hands from calluses and to thicken the bar for a better grip.
- NewGrips - I bought these and they offer an acceptable grip (I only tested against a plastic pull-up bar, but they probably grip metal very well too). However, if you palms sweat, you will easily slip off the grips. Talcum/baby powder improves adherence but its application ended up being annoying.
- Dumbbell handle padding ideas: sponge, self-adhesive joint wraps
- Grip pads: The Lynx (made from a type of neoprene, which provides good grip), Gorilla Grips (made out of leather, which they claim to offer better grip and last longer than neoprene)
See my recommendations on Heart rate monitors.
If you're trying to save money, your best bets are Craigslist and garage sales.
I don't run ( Tabata intervals are more efficient for cardio), but for martial arts training and general use, the original Salomon Techamphibian shoes are unbeatable thanks to their extremely breathable design and convertibility to sandals.
- excellent in personal test:
- with new socks, after one hour of conditioning training (in Salomon Techamphibian shoes), the inside sole of the tetrasocks was barely damp, thanks to the 70% Coolmax construction. Also, there was surprisingly little smell.
- Note: after a few months of wear, the socks may smell even if you wear them in leather shoes them while not performing any strenuous activity
- toe separation doesn't allow blisters to form
- rave reviews from marathoners, runners, hikers etc.
- available in micro, mini and crew lengths, and black, white, gray, sand and pink; there is also a travel variety ($24) with 60% Coolmax
- for giggles, you can creep out some people by wiggling your socked toes
P90X is a 90-day exercise/training/workout/weight loss/get ripped/bodybuilding/fitness programs for both men and women. It seems to be one of the few program advertised in magazines and via infomercials that actually works, according to a large following of users who have gone through the program and blogged or video-blogged their results.
I have completed P90X on 2009-Jan-16 and wrote an extensive P90X FAQ.
Showing changes from previous revision.